Welcome to the Friends Portal. We hope you will enjoy exploring, connecting, inquiring and posting here while renewing old friendships and making new ones. If you have any ideas that might help us to improve the Portal do let us know by sending a message to the Administrator.
The Brockwood Park newsletter, the epost, is out now and you can find it here http://www.friendsofbrockwoodpark.org.uk/epost/epost15.html
China’s one-child policy, the current refugee crisis in Europe and the Middle East, the effects of competition on sport and how we meet that in a non-competitive school, a report on the rigorous school inspection. Brockwood Park School’s bi-annual magazine The Brockwood Observer is now available to read online at the following link
We will update this Home Page regularly with a Daily News Feed from Brockwood Park and new Quotes, Books, Videos and Events.
As you can see the portal contains many features and the gray navigation bar at top of each page will guide you through these. Some new and improved features which you can find through this navigation bar include;
- The Friends Forum, which contains various discussion topics we hope you will contribute to and which now has a section called Portal Improvements where you can suggest how we can improve or add to the Portal.
- The Media Tab, which contains Video, preexistent Blogs and also a Brockwood Park Links pages.
- The Market Place, which now contains a section where you can share your own website.
- Also in the top navigation is a new Info Tab with information on how we use the money donated to Brockwood Park.
News from the Development Office
The Development Office is where Michael Ledwith and Bill Taylor work full-time managing and coordinating a variety of projects. These include the following: coordinating Friends of Brockwood Park; preparing video and printed material for Brockwood; looking after fundraising and outreach activities. Assisting them on a part-time basis is former staff member and web designer, Trevor Pemberton, and the Development Working Group, which we will introduce to you in the coming weeks. The following are some items that Development are currently working on:
- different ways of bringing the teachings to a younger audience, particularly in university settings – assisting with K video showings starting at SOAS, London. The next of these will be in September. Date to be announced
- creating a new Brockwood Park website
- improvements to the Friends Portal and on encouraging new Friends of Brockwood to register.
- preparing a mobile exhibition intended to introduce Krishnamurti’s teachings to a new audience via posters displaying the teachings in text with accompanying photos.
If you would like to assist with any of the above – e.g. taking the teachings to universities; finding venues for the poster exhibition; – please get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com